About the Virtual Duathlon
1-mile run | 8-mile bike | 2-mile run
The 2020 MPCS Triathlon is going VIRTUAL! In recent months, COVID-19 has had a major impact on many families in the Acadiana area. In order to ensure the safety and wellness of all supporters and participants, we have decided to transition the Triathlon into a Virtual Duathlon. All participants that are currently registered for the Tri will be automatically transferred to the virtual race.
Proceeds from the Virtual Duathlon will benefit Miles Perret Cancer Services and local families fighting cancer. Thank you all for your continued support!
How does a virtual duathlon work?
1. You must be registered to participate. If you are already registered, please invite your family and friends to participate with you. Register here. https://runsignup.com/Race/LA/Lafayette/MPCSTriathlon
2. All Duathlon events can be on the course of your choice but will need to be consecutive and in order. The distance must be accurate and measured by your Garmin or Fitbit watch or phone apps such as MapMyRun, Runkeeper etc. Take a screenshot or picture of each distance and time. Anything shorter than race distance will not count in race standings. Anything longer will count against your total time.
3. Transition times DO NOT count. We encourage finding a course where it is safe to move right to the next event.
4. After you're done, submit your results (time and distance for each segment) to our timer, Bertha Lanthier with Cajun Timing at email@example.com. Name, gender, age, total time, and proof of time in each distance must be included. Results must be submitted by midnight on August 16th.
DUATHLON: AUGUST 9th-16th
- August 7th from 12-5 PM - Packet & T-shirt pick-up (MPCS Office)
- August 9th - Virtual Duathlon Begins
- August 10th from 12-6 PM - Packet & T-shirt pick-up (MPCS Office)
- August 13th - Registration ends
- August 16th - Deadline to submit results
- August 17th - Results posted